Saturday 12 October 2013

Wabbit

This year we have been near overrun by Wabbits and some have demolished the veg plot others have dug under my only surviving Magnolia. So for a while I have contemplated shooting some.

Well earlier this week whilst waiting for a Rat that has been seen in the Chicken run to appear (which did not) I noticed a large Bunny Wabbit on the far side of the field, it was near dark and as I needed to discharge my Rifle I thought lets have a go. Well down it went.

It was a lucky shot as it was near max range.

I left it to hang and Karen butchered it the next morning, we had Rabbit for dinner that evening, and it was great

I did a bit of reading and apparently 6 Rabbit eat as much as one Sheep!

http://www.countryfile.com/countryside/truth-about-rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.